Wednesday 1 October 2014

Magnolia Birthday Card


Hi everyone!

A good friend of mine is celebrating her birthday tomorrow, so I made here a card, obviously. I took it as an opportunity to finally use one of my Magnolia stamps I have laying around.

Pumps and Needles: magnolia birthday card

I created the background by painting pink and grey strokes with watercolour. I first drew some pencil lines so the lines would be evenly separated.
I stamped the Magnolia girl figure on a piece of white paper, coloured her with pencils, and filled in the background with chalk. I chose grey paper to form a bit of contrast with the figure, and added some sequins for a little sparkle.

Pumps and Needles: magnolia birthday card detail




Pumps and Needles: magnolia birthday card



I have another friend's birthday coming up on Saturday, for whom I am making a handmade gift, so you'll find that here in a couple of days!

Have a nice day!

Love,
Birgit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment