Monday, 29 August 2016

Red bodysuit

Hi, guys!

How are you doing? I had a blast this summer. I spent a large part of the summer in Italy and the South of France and had an amazing time. Before I left, I had the time to finish some sewing projects I had been working on, so I could take them with me. You've already seen one of them, the Leila top, and today I'm showing you another one.

Much on trend, I decided to make a bodysuit out of red jersey I had left from making a dress (unblogged). I love wearing high-waisted skirts, and a bodysuit would eliminate the 'problem' of tops that keep riding up. I immediately thought of the Knipmode pattern of the Badgley Mischka bathing suit. I had made it before as a top, and I loved the fit and the design of the straps. I eliminated the crossing panels on the front, and instead of sewing the crotch together, I sewed on some snaps for closure. As the fabric is stretchy and tends to keep its shape very well, I omitted any elastics you might normally sew.

I love my bodysuit, it is so comfortable yet dressed up. I feel very feminine when wearing it with a skirt. Bonus: I also made the skirt in the pictures! It's a very simple mini circle skirt. I think the fabric is some kind of poly, but I'm not sure as it came from a remnants' bin and I didn't ask... I made the skirt three years ago, it was a quick sew. I think it took me an hour all in all - from drawing the circle to cutting and sewing it. Of course, if you say circle skirt...

...obligatory twirl picture!


Monday, 8 August 2016

Scallop shorts

Hi everyone!

How are you all doing? I'm currently away on vacation in Italy and I'm having a great time. It has been so hot at times that you couldn't bribe me into touching my computer, so this post has taken longer than I intended. Better late than never, right? And that certainly counts for this pair of shorts I'm sharing today!
I actually made those two years ago already... I'm still loving them, though, and I have worn them so many times already, I thought they deserved a little spotlight.

The pattern I used is Burdastyle 04/2013 #102. I adapted the pattern slightly to create the scalloped hem, but that really is all I changed. The shorts are lined, fully french-seamed (I was so proud of that) and have pockets. I did make a slight mistake while sewing in the pockets, so they tend to turn inside out from time to time, something I need to pay extra attention to next time I'm giving them a go. The fabric was actually a thrifted skirt that I bought at Think Twice (my favourite Belgian thrift store) and I scored it for 1 or 2 euros. I still have some fabric left over, and I think it might even be enough to make a top.

More posts are on their way!